Friday, October 12, 2007

ECF

It's been forever and a day since I posted an Eye Candy Friday.


These lovely flowers were a surprise gift from the wonderful gals at Hilltop Yarn East. THANKS, LADIES! So pretty - and perfectly captured the spirit of Sailor's Delight.

I've been out of the blogging game for a while - what was I doing with my time, you ask? Well, I just spent 9 great days in central California for an amazing retreat. While I was there I did some crazy sh*t like WALKING ON FIRE and bending rebar (yea, the steel kind) with my NECK. Here's a like to a clip of someone else doing it - not me - but it's for real... (YOUTUBE LINK) We did a little wine tasting
and I even got just a little bit of knitting in.

Do I even need to say it's a monkey? This little guy has a modified (and not too well...) heel - I forgot the pattern in my hotel room and had to improvise out during a rather long Bob Proctor seminar. I'm so glad I had this Monkey sock to keep my eyes open on a sunny California afternoon! Now if I can just avoid the second sock syndrome!

Just to shake it up, here's a weird pic of my across-the-street neighbor's house yesterday. What's with the crows? There must have been at least 40 of them swarming the bush, powerlines, roof and street in front of her house. They were starting to dash off by the time I could grab my camera and head outside to take the photo. There didn't seem to be any fighting (we've seen that before in the same yard - it was kind of scary) - they were all just descending down and making a hell of a lot of noise. Any insights here? I felt like I was in an Alfred Hitchcock movie!

Happy weekend!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty flowers! What a cool retreat!

Hmm... I know the birds descend in our neighborhood when someone's just put a bunch of grass seeds down.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home