Friday, August 03, 2007

Rock On, Dude!

I'm sure Maryanne had no idea what beast she was unleashing when she nominated me for a Rockin' Girl Blogger Award.



Ready??....


Awwww Yeah!

Who is that totally HOT chick hanging out in her bedroom circa 1987??? Those socks with the moccasins are way cool. I wish I had that kind of fashion sense. And those mall bangs are to DIE for. Notice the chain of beer tab pulls hanging on the wall? She got them from, well, er, uh, her older brother's bedroom, but hey - you know, party like it's 1999. Or something like that. And those four dudes in the background? HOT.

This is a big gold star on this tough week. My 95 year old grandmother was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday and my siblings and I have been working on arranging hospice so she can go home and have her final days in the familiar surroundings she's been in for nearly 70 years. And seven years ago today my hero dad lost his fight with cancer. I miss him dearly.

Yet, tomorrow my other hero man, Flynn-o gets home from ROCI as a new Ensign and next week I'll be hosting this Rockin chick:

- my nine year old niece, Jordy. (I chose this picture because this is her FAVORITE place to eat in Seattle - within walking distance of her favorite place to visit - the aquarium.) Life marches on.

And now to spread the Rockin' love.

You gals at Hilltop West are bitchin' Camaro. I always have a great time hanging out with you and seeing/hearing what your up to.

Amy - it was so great to finally meet you at Stitch n Pitch after years of following your blog.

Tiennie - I hope to meet you in person someday! Your work is always inspiring. And your itty bitty sock needles are safe with me :)!

There are countless other blogs I enjoy reading - I am constantly awestruck by the creativity and amazing way the folks in the crafting community express themselves. To all of you, thanks for sharing yourselves and please consider yourself full on rockers too!

Maryanne, thanks again for brightening my week!

If you're looking for me on Sunday night, I'll be watching Gene Simmons Family Jewels on A & E.

3 Comments:

Blogger bockstark.knits said...

Great rockin' pic! I think everyone looked like that in 1987, right? I know I sure did! Of course, it wasn't KISS for me, it was Quiet Riot and Ratt. Oh, how I loved them. Anyways, hope it all goes well with your Grandmother, it sounds like she has a wonderful family surrounding her.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your father and grandmother. I hope her days are peaceful.

Congrats! I agree - You are a rockin' girl! Thanks so much for the nice words and the rockin' love. You are so sweet!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Knittymuggins said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother and Dad Wendee :( You and your family are so great to be taking such good care of her during this difficult time. I wish much peace to all of you and many happy memories to sustain you when times are tough.

I'm so glad I could put a smile in your week! It's the least I could do and you deserve it :) Welcome home to Flynn and have a great time with your niece! Rock on girl!! (I only wish I was as cool as that girl in the photo up there!!)

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home