Sunday, August 19, 2007

I doodle all day...

What doodle I do now, what doodle I do? - Pete Droge (soundtrack from "Tattoo a Love Story")

Although I had no intention of going to Lollapalooza, I would have paid full price for this little nugget...

I loved these guys 15 years ago and they are still hot today. My colleague Roxanne's daughter DID get to go to Lollapalooza and scored big time. Here she is, right next to a hot, sweaty and sexy Eddie Vedder. (article about this pic here.) How cool is that. She told her mom that the look on her face was that of sheer bliss. Uh, yeah! If I put my forehead on my computer screen I get a little of her bliss through osmosis. Lucky girl!

Our house is much quieter this week. My niece had a great time here (and we had a great time along with her.) We went to the beach, the zoo, the aquarium, Bainbridge, the park and the Space Needle. We ate sushi, kebabs, blueberry pancakes, cottage cheese and salsa and enough cookies to get me by for the rest of the summer. She's a peach! Big hugs to Highlights magazine - I bought an activity book on a whim and it was a lifesaver. Kept her busy when auntie needed a little down time. To all you moms and dads out there - kudos. I only had her for a week and was exhausted when she left - and she's not even a handful - just a pretty normal 9 year chicadee. How do ya'll do it?! And knit? And blog? And work? Whew!

Thanks to all for the sweet wishes for my grandmother. She's still in the hospital, but in a nursing home type situation temporarily. She had a bed sore that isn't healing and they won't send her home until they feel like it is healed enough that it won't cause her great discomfort. She is actually doing well physically - at least as well as you can expect from a 95 year old, however she isn't all that aware. The biggest thing she IS aware of though, is that she's not home. Hopefully that will soon change.

I haven't had much of a chance to knit anything of significance, however I did complete a Campfire Sock. (sock on the right.)


The pattern was part of a swap from Karen. It's a nice, simple pattern. To the point with great results. I'm delighted with the yarn these are knit from. This is a custom spun yarn for Hazel Knits - 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Soysilk, DK weight. It is like butter. It's not really intended for socks, however I wanted to see how well it would hold up during duress. I'd say it's working out just fine, thankyouverymuch. And it seems to get softer with each washing. I'm stoked! Until I get the second one knit I'll just keep wearing it around with a mis-match. I love this second sock also, but only dyed up enough yarn for one sock. It was a quick sample to test the yarn - not the colors. I wish I'd dyed more exactly the same, however I was using up random dyes so even though I have the formulas, the colors will be off. Oh well - it's a perfect around the house sock to use with whatever other mateless one I have at the time. One thing of note for these socks - they both got thrown in with a load of whites. It was nearly a panic situation however I'm pleased to say that there was no bleeding. Nada.

Ok, I better scoot off to work. Sometimes these rainy days bring knitters in in droves - there's just two of us there today so I gotta be sure to pack plenty of snacks as a real lunch break may be impossible. Speaking of which... we're HIRING at Hilltop EAST. We need a few more PT knitters to round out our staff. If you're interested, drop me a note and I'll share some details.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger bockstark.knits said...

I SOOOO wish I lived back in Woodinville now, I would LOVE to work at a yarn store!!!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked the campfire sock! It's really pretty in that colorway! Glad you like the yarn and that it's holding up well.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home