Sunday, July 01, 2007

This week in pictures

BLTs are better in the summer
Even though it's not officially tomato season, I'm convinced that BLTs taste better in the summer.

painty hands
The house project is coming along nicely.

mowing
Flynno giving the grass it's second haircut. Note to self: get mower blades sharpened.

planters
Put some flowers in the bare planters. These will look much better filled in. I was super proud of myself to put this one together from mostly from plants off the 99 cent table.

front step planter
This one will be fun when it fills out - a little fuschia, a little coleus, some impatients, a begonia and some grassy thing that starts with "drac_ _ _ _".

dahlias
Oh faithful dahlias. You keep coming back to that neglected little bed.

perennials
Easy care perennial bed. Top down view.

www.thriftygoodness.com
My goodies came from Wende at thriftygoodness. (She's been working on a big update - go get yourself some yummies!)

M's fever yarn
I worked on a large order of M's fever sock yarn for Hazel Knits...

gardening books
and looked through some books.

montego bay scarf
I started a the Montego Bay Scarf from the latest Interweave Magazine...

Hazelknits sock yarn
and detangled the sock yarn mess.

What a busy week around here! I'm looking a just about more of the same this week. Cheers!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, so what! How's your craft space look? :D

Hee... just kidding. Darn, girl... you need to come to MY HOUSE. It all looks great!

And thank you for the lovely little ad. My ad went live on Modish this morning, and I can honestly say, it's so much cooler to be seen on your site! Thank you, thank you!!!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think things taste better in the summer too! I love the yarn you dyed for M's fever!

BTW - My hubby loves the push mower too - it's more relaxing to him as well as environmentally friendly.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

That grassy plant is dracaena. :-)

Lovely planters you put together, Wendee! Thanks for dropping by my blog to visit. Our glorious sunset did indeed fortell a delightful next day.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wendee, on the front page of my blog, on the left side, there is an email addy where you can reach me!

6:05 PM  
Blogger manic hispanic said...

that sandwhich looks delicious!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Knittymuggins said...

Oooh! I *love* BLT's too! And I always "rescue" plants from the bargain bin too if I can :) So glad you got that yarn mess detangled.... Looks like a great week! ~Maryanne

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow the bottom of your Montego Bay Scarf looks so straight. Mine slants to the right heavily.
-Olivia

8:16 PM  
Blogger Wendee said...

Hi happyknittypants,
I tried to find your e-mail via blogger but couldn't so here's your reply :).

This pattern is definitely based on a biased stitch, however it does appear I've bullied my stitches around to look more straight. Now that I've gotten further (since the pic) it's more evident it's slanted.

It's funny because we've had this exact same pattern (without the fringe) as a shop sample at the yarn store (where I work) for nearly two years. It was interesting to find it in real print - as we've given the pattern away as a freebie countless times as "Annelie's Posh Scarf" - same stitch pattern, different yarn. I reconized it immediately, but gave the credit to the Interweave mag. since it was "published".

This little sample I'm doing is from of my own hand-dyed, made for the shop. I'm thinking of calling the color-way Tequila Sunrise, as it is pretty darn close to the drink! It will soon be available through www.hazelknits.com.

Thanks for stopping by - I wish I could respond to you personally - darn Blogger!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home