Friday, May 25, 2007

Eye Candy Friday


Flynno and I started a tradition a while back where we take a silhouette photo of ourselves on all vacations. This one is at the Haleakala Crater. This place is magnificent. It's over 10,000 ft. above sea level and is the one place on Maui where it SNOWS! It was fairly warm - about 50 degrees F. the day we went up. The drive included lots of grazing cows (no fences! - they would walk off the pasture right on to the road), a lavender farm, B & B's and many of these amazing Jacaranda trees.

For a good half hour of the drive we went through clouds. I thought it was going to be cold and rainy at the top - turns out we were just pushing through the cloud line to pure sunshine.
One more shot of Haleakala - note the cloud line below.

And another of the drive.

Next, the road to Hana. This terrain was a little more like I expected on Maui.

and this... The Seven Sacred Pools outside of the town of Hana

We went to a red sand beach:


A black sand beach:


And snorkeled in a crater (not in Hana - in Molokini - hopefully the underwater camera pictures will turn out.) It is a magical place.

My tan is starting to fade and I'm clinging on to the Neutrogena self-tanner bottle. If the weather holds through the weekend we'll put the boat in the water. It's not Maui, however summers in Seattle are pretty darn swell. Happy Friday!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I really, really want to follow in your footsteps and go!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love Hawaii - I want to be back there.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Knittymuggins said...

Hi Wendee! Love your photos! We have some of the same ones (I've got a photo of hubby & me at sunrise on Haleakala on my blog). Isn't Maui great? We did the road to Hana too and when we finished I finally realized why they sold all those shirts that said "I survived the road to Hana"! Yikes! For us anyway :) I wanted to tell you that I started the toe-up socks after your encouragement and they're going well (I posted on my blog and the KAL site about it). Thank you so much! I appreciate your encouragement and help very much. Have a great day!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I wanna go! The beaches look amazing, especially the black sand. Right now I would love the see the erupting volcano. Lucky, lucky you.

4:54 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Ain't nature grandly awesome?! Thanks for sharing these fantastic photos *and* for stopping by my blog.

Karen B.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Quail Hill Knits said...

What beautiful, beautiful pictures. They do justice to a wonderful place.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home