Friday, April 06, 2007

Someday I really will finish a project...

...but for now, I've started on another. This one is a shop sample so I have a deadline. This means I really will finish! Yes indeedy.

I am really enjoying this yarn. It is Classic Elite Premier - 50% cotton, 50% Tencel. The stitches really have nice definition and the smoothness of the Tencel relieves some of the fatigue I usually get in my hands when knitting with cotton. I don't know how it will wear (and the world may never know for this garment, being a sample and all). Anyone have any experience with this yarn?

Today is a lovely day in Seattle - I can't bear to be indoors! Hopefully it will hold as tomorrow we are tackling the giant "biggest-baddest-most-dangerous-slip-n-slide west of the Mississip" project.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, it's very pretty.

I managed to ride in today in honor of the good weather. I couldn't stand missing our one perfect day!

I suppose you'll be too tired for knit night after tackling the yard (and I'm not sure if I can make it myself)--which leads me to think we should get together another time soon.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wendee! You Knitters Treat Exchange Pal is looking forward to spoiling you. This sweater you're knitting looks terrific. :-)

4:12 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I do like that yarn. Cotton-y blends just show off st st so well.

9:30 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i used premiere to make a ms. marigold. i have to say--i didn't like it. it fuzzed up a lot just while knitting and i'm guessing it won't wear well at all. i guess rather than know because i never actually wear the vest.

i know that other people have used the yarn and liked it. maybe i just got a bad batch.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home