Saturday, March 31, 2007

Swip-Swap-a-Roo!

I just signed up for the Knitters Treat swap. Woo Hoo! My first swap. This will be fun! And... the organizers are from Dublin. International, baby.

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire

1. What's your favourite type of yarn? - I love any natural fibers - wool, alpaca, silk, cotton, bamboo, etc. - anything from a hand-dyer or LYS is especially nice!

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn? - acrylics and novelty yarns that have a lot of stuff hanging from them.

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop? - I usually try to get the lay of the land and then start at one corner and work my way through the entire shop, fondling yarn as I go. I typically don't beeline to any particular area. All yarn is yummy!

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do? - sewing, gardening, cooking, crochet, ceramics, beads

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to? - Sunset, Seattle Magazine, Dwell, Bon Appetit, Interweave Knits

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden

Home / Knitting / Food / Garden / Crochet / Other Craft / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet? - Wow - anything. Sweaters, accessories, stuffed animals, socks

8. Are you allergic to anything? - Lucky me - nope!

9. What do you like to* smell of? - My favorite scent is "Linen" - I don't know how to describe it. Clean, maybe? In general I tend to lean towards lighter, flowery or citrus smells - lilac, jasmine, etc. over musky smells.


10. What's your favourite way to relax? Knitting, reading, playing with friends, spending time in nature - or knocking around in a city. I'm pretty chill any time I don't have something due or have to be somewhere at a certain time.

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first? Old fashioned bakery

12. What do you come out with? Custard tart with fresh berries

13. Where do you go next? Italian cafe - for a latte. When I'm at home I'm a tea drinker - however dainty and me don't always play well together.

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal? Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I stumbled upon your blog--but I thought I'd still say "hello"!

I'm, sadly, not a knitter--but I'm digging your blog. Anyhow, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to say "Hi, from Astoria":D

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and I answered this survey very much alike! I can't wait to send you some goodies. :) Your Pal

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home