Sunday, March 25, 2007

old project, new life

I found this UFO mixed in with my stash.



I frogged it and started the project over - same yarn, same pattern - just new. I didn't even look closely at the previous work. I knew I must have made some MAJOR mistake to have set it aside during the interesting lace part. Usually projects get cast aside in the relentless several inches of stockinette part of the pattern. (Yeah, I'm definitely a process knitter...oh no, I'm in that relentless stockinette part of the pattern now!) Sadly, I fear Soleil will be too small - I am 1/2 stitch off gauge - I must be knitting tighter than when I did my swatch - the first time around I was right on...I think... damn, maybe that is why it got cast aside...

This pattern (Knitty - Soleil) is designed for zero ease and my chosen yarn, Hempathy has no stretch whatsoever. I can't decide if I should just knit 'til the end and hope for the best (my sister is tiny - she could be the recipient) or frog and go up a needle size. On the bright side, I am LOVING this yarn - the color, the texture. What to do, what to do?

In other, more exciting news, I have a shipment of stitch markers ready for Hilltop Yarn East.



This is one of 10 unique, yet repeatable sets that will be offered. (If you are interested in some of your own, contact me directly at: dadsmonkeyshine AT hotmail DOT com.) I had a blast making these. The components are sterling silver (the rings are soldered together - no snags!) with a combination of Swarovski crystals, glass beads and sterling findings. I gave each of the gals at Hilltop East as set of these for holiday gifts and Becky (the owner) liked them so much she asked me to make some for the shop. And Hazel Knits? Well, you'll just have to wait and see what else is in store there... (sorry about the flash - it really washes out the nearly perfectly matched logo stripes! Note to self - build thee a light box!

Too-da-loo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

oh la la
my mom is coming to town in two weeks and likes to visit Belleview, I resist (AHH THE TRAFIC) but you may have given me incentive! They look beautiful!

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home