Monday, October 16, 2006

Doodle Nugget, You Rule

The big #35 is on the horizon. There is much reason to celebrate! YAY! I have a husband that I ADORE! Friends that I LOVE! A job that RULES! A house that is SOUND! A family and an extended family that KICKS ALL SORTS OF ASS! YAY! Life is good! Yet there is one incomplete piece. Offspring. Something the dudeman and I have contemplating quite a bit lately. I ain't getting any younger. And although we've RARELY ever argued about (evil word) MONEY, it's a stresser when we start thinking about Offspring. Currently we are DINKS (squared) - our two regular jobs, plus doing the things we love for fun and fun money - him - Coast Guard Reservist - me - yarn store fill-in. If there is offspring we may cut our income by at least 1/2. It's a scary proposition and for someone who as independently fierce as me, its kinda terrifying. How do I justify yarn purchases? How does he justify $20 "volleyball socks"? (They have "special" gel inserts.) We are extremly lucky to have the life that we have, but we have made a commitment to have a debt-free life (**excluding house and vehicle payments.) We don't live extravagantly, but we certainly don't sweat the small things. This will change. And just when I get really spun up about it, Flynno delivers this:



He tells me they are shaped like hearts.

And suddenly, it's all alright.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy near-birthday... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with these kinds of questions. I often wonder how the hell people afford having kids, then remember the advice a man named Gunnar gave me about 10 years ago: Never try to figure out if you can afford to have children. You cannot! Have them anyway. :)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

You are far from the only one with babies on the brain. Daphne's friend is right. I'm scared to death to be a mom, but I know it will be worth the risk, just like I was scared to death to get married, but it was SOOOOOO worth it.

4:19 PM  
Blogger manic hispanic said...

I cannot relate. I am scared about dating. I haven't got to the marriage part. not to mention i will have to find a man that not only doesn't mind me keeping my last name, but would entertain the idea of possible little people that come from us having my last name as well. we also won't mention that i can't live with people, refuse to share, and will not let my finances mingle with another person's. so, since we're not mentioning any of that, we will stick to me immaturely fearing commitment.
but i'm happy that all those pieces seem to fall into place. though i can promise no one nor myself that i will ever let pieces do anything other than what i expressly tell them to do.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home