Thursday, September 07, 2006

Yarn Divas

Yay! Jennifer and Becky, the owner-sisters of Hilltop yarn made it on the Yarn Harlot's website. There's also pictures of her on the Hilltop blog including this one I swiped from there.
An exciting day all around!

I'm taking the next two days off work to spend a couple of days with one of my dearest friends (YAY!) who is visiting the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center (BOO! for cancer - thumbs up for Fred Hutch - they are the best.) After 6 years in remission from luekemia, the cancer cells are back so she's being evaluated for a bone marrow transplant. We'll look for apartments while she's here (she's traveling from Southern Idaho), just in case they tell her she needs the procedure. Needless to say, I've been in a tizzy the past week over this recent diagnosis, but now I'm just looking forward to seeing her. And, she is bringing her dad along who has been entertaining me since I was 10 years old. He's a hoot!

Yesterday I cast on for the Red Scarf project.

This is the Irish Hiking Scarf from Hello Yarn. The requirements for the Red Scarf Project are that the scarf is at least 5" wide - this baby is just a skosh over. A little blocking when it's done will make it just fit with the requirements, with room to spare. I'm so glad to find a use for all of this red Cascade 220 that I bought last year in a felted bag making frenzy. After I finish this, I need to start getting more serious about holiday gifts and thinking about what I'll make for the various fundraisers that will be held to help out with Jodi's cancer-related bills.

Speaking of frenzy, the two ballband warshrags are finished, but I've got more balls of cotton on queue. I have a feeling there will be at least one of these on the needles at all times for the times when my hands get fidgety for near-mindless knitting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Yay! Your IHS is beautiful for the Red Scarf Project - I'm thinking of making an IHS for it too - I'm such a cable freak. heh

OH - hay, or (gawd).... HEY! hehe I'm looking forward to your fund raising for your friend's medical bills. Hopefully it won't be necessary, but if the time comes, I would love to help out with a fund raiser for it! Definitely have her set up a PayPal account so people can contribute EASILY! :)

6:14 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

You've got me hooked on the Fetching KAL. What a fun, fast project.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home