Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sky Candy!


This picture was taken along I-84 near Yakima, WA. I was driving by myself and was caught in a quick but intense rain storm. The rain drops were fast and fat but the real kicker was that the bright rays of the setting sun made the road shine like a mirror. There were a few scary minutes of driving and then the clouds departed as quickly as they came.

I recently came across this blog: Creature Comforts - I've been whiling away the hours following all of these great links!

I just joined the Fetching KAL.

Fingerless gloves have been all the rage for Knittlesticks this week. I started and finished the second glove in this pair last weekend while waiting in the ferry line to (and from) Vashon Island.

Pattern: Hand / Wrist Warmers - Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Tahki Stacy Charles New Tweed Yarn - color 46
This pattern is a simple twisted rib stitch - move your rib stitch pattern over every 4 rows to get a cool spiral.

And now, off to enjoy the weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Great sky photo - my favorites are always ones with sunbeams coming through the clouds. :)

I'm so tempted to make the Fetching pattern - I'm seeing it more and more and it's growing on me!!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home