Thursday, August 24, 2006

Just say NO!

If your pedicurist comes at you with something that looks like this:


please, oh please politely decline! Yes, folks, this is a foot shaver - meant to make your feet silky smooth by removing callus build-up. I was always fine with the gross-out factor of the "shavings" in exchange for a fab set of toes and feet but after the nasty experience I had two weeks ago, I've sworn off the shaver for good! No need to go into the gruesome details, but I will say that a "chunk" of heel the size of my pinky fingernail (top to bottom) was "shaved" right off my foot. Today is the first day I've been able to apply full pressure to my foot while standing and not have it hurt like hell. Caught up in the drama of it all, I google'd all sorts of horror stories about pedicures and all of the germies hanging out in salons and of course, the shaver. OMG! I should have put two and two together (shaver = razor = razor blades = shouldn't be near your foot), but in my quest for hot-toez I never really thought about it. I think I'll stick to a simple pumice stone from now on, thank-youverymuch. The drama has subsided and twice daily baths in peroxide and Neosporin have kept any signs of infection away. But what a pain! Oh, and I've noticed my feet hurt in general lately - why? - because the protective calluses are gone. Who knew?

1 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Uh, ouch! glad you are healing without complications. The tools look medievil

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home