Saturday, May 06, 2006

How the hell did it get to be May?

Seriously, how in the hell did it get to be May? Hmmm... I vaguely remember saying that I would blog at least weekly, back in um.... January. I'm lame, but I'm trying not to be! And I will say, in defense of my lameness that I did start several entries but deemed them unworthy of the internets. Now that I've graduated from a life success course, I'm trying to just get over myself already and just blog damnit!

I'm several postings behind on the ABC KAL, but I still love reading everyone's postings so I'm going to try to get back into the game. My original B posting was for BABIES - two little darlings were born in April and I did some fun knitting for the little fellas. A pair of baby UGGs which got given away before they could be photographed and a pair of eggplant fruit caps were my big projects back in January. The gifts have been given - all that's left are the yarn scraps.

So instead, my B will be my booklist. I recently read a posting on www.goodtobegirl.com/blog about what life was like before knitting. I too used to be an avid reader, but I've only completed a handful of novels in the last year. Most recently completed was Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire. Although I enjoyed it, it didn't grab me like the way Wicked or Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister did. Not a waste of time persay, but I doubt I'll re-read it. Here's my queue: A bit daunting by the size of it, but there's several chic-lit books in there so at least those will be quick.

Just got my new Interweave Knits mag yesterday. I don't know what it is with me and summer knits. For as much as I love long sleeve sweaters and sweater vests, I just can't find a short sleeve sweater pattern that I can see myself spending the time to make. Yet, there are some gems in this issue. I may attempt the Marseilles Pullover or a some of the scarves. For all of the short sleeve and tank lovers out there, you will surely find some treats in this issue!

Here's the booklist:

• The Girl with the Pearl Earring– Tracy Chevalier
• The Kite Runner– Kaled Hosseini
• The Other Boleyn Girl – Philippa Gregory
• Into Thin Air– John Krakhauer
• Tuesdays With Morrie– Mitch Albom
• The Time Travelers Wife – Audrey Niffeneger

• Skinny Dip– Carl Hiaasan

• The Good Earth– Pearl S. Buck

• The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay– Michael Chabon

• The Red Tent– Anita Diamant

• Sula – Tony Morrison

• Middlesex– Jeffery Eugenides

• The Lovely Bones– Alice Seibold

• The Five People You Meet in Heaven– Mitch Albom

• The DaVinci Code– Dan Brown

• Angels and Demons - Dan Brown

• Mortality for Beautiful Girls - Alexander McCall Smith

• The Kalahari Typing School For Men - Alexander McCall Smith

• The Full Cupboard of Life– Alexander McCall Smith

• The House of Sand and Fog - Andre Dubus III

• Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim– David Sedaris

• Naked – David Sedaris

• Stiff; The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers– Mary Roach

• Wicked; The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

• Empire Falls– Richard Russo

• Poisonwood Bible

• The Secret Life of Bees– Sue Monk

• Harry Potter series 1-6

• The Things They Carried Tim O’Brien

• Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood– Rebecca Wells

• Little Alters Everywhere– Rebecca Wells

• The World According to Garp – John Irving

• Angela’s Ashes - Frank McCourt

• Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister – Gregory Maguire

• Mirror – Gregory Maguire

cheers,
w.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home