I'm supposed to post about the yarn release party at Bobbin's Nest Studio
, however I'm procrastinating because that will take some brain power, so instead I'm opting to jump on the Manic Hispanic
IMDB game instead. The rules are simple:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don't.
Can you guess mine?
1) If I'm not mistaken, you've come back here to the house of loneliness and tears, to Daddy Downer and Brother Bummer, to come to some sort of decision about life, a life decision if you will. BEAUTIFUL GIRLS - maybe my all time favorite. I first saw this at "just the right time" - you know, when a movie really makes an impact on you (hmmm... seems like it was right around my 10 year reunion...) I drooled over Timothy Hutton in this movie. OMG - the hair! (Jennifer - you got a quote correct over on Fiberlix/Ravelry from this movie - I can't believe you didn't score here!)
2) I'm your huckleberry. TOMBSTONE Megan, it's yours - and the Duke was right. Fixed!
3) There are two types of people: those that talk the talk and those that walk the walk. People who walk the walk sometimes talk the talk but most times they don't talk at all, 'cause they walkin'. Now, people who talk the talk, when it comes time for them to walk the walk, you know what they do? They talk people like me into walkin' for them. HUSTLE AND FLOW - loved this flick. It made me cheer and cry all at once. It's "R" rated - and deservedly so for language, content and violence. However, it made me root for an unlikely character and I thought every single actor in the movie was superb. (ha- superb- a Beautiful Girls reference...) If you don't mind getting a little beat up, this is a must see.
4) You want more mysterious? I'll just try and think, "Where the hell's the whiskey?" LOST IN TRANSLATION goes to Martine! We share a love for this movie!
5) Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian. A CHRISTMAS STORY Megan was first with this one too! There are so many good quotes from this movie.
6) Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns. BREAKFAST CLUB Nice job, Jennifer! This one never gets old -we still quote this line, complete with the "horn" fingers.
7) OK, so... so... sometimes I lie. I mean, I'm weird, man. About random stuff too, I don't even know why I do it. It's like... it's like a tick, I mean sometimes I hear myself say something and think, Wow, that wasn't even remotely true. GARDEN STATE - great soundtrack, loveable lead characters. Zach Braff should stay on this course - vulnerable and sweet - not the jerk he was in the last film he starred in.
8) Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it. OFFICE SPACE Jennifer again!
9) I don't want to move to a city where the only cultural advantage is being able to make a right turn on a red light. ANNIE HALL - I had to pick a Woody Allen movie - I've seen them all. However, after looking through all the quotes it was too hard to decide. Manhattan, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Husbands and Wives - any could have been a fav.
10) You're my boy, Blue! You're my boy. *Totally sophomoric - cracks me up every time!* OLD SCHOOL goes to... Jennifer!
I'll post answers on um, Monday?